Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ms. Snuffleupagus

Hey Y'all,

Well, I am officially on Christmas Break. As of 3:00 on Friday I wanted to do cartwheels! Instead, I had to swim in a monsoon. In case you haven't been keeping up with the weather, a nice little blizzard has hit most of the country. However, Myrtle Beach did not see ANY snow. We saw RAIN. So much so, that for a little while on Friday night, I actually had lake front property. While Paddington has had immense fun jumping into puddles, I have not had so much fun cleaning his white fur off. Luckily for him (and he doesn't know this) he goes to see Megan the groomer on Tuesday!

I ran a few errands yesterday morning. I went to bed Friday with a massive headache, but I thought it was due to stress and the weather. By yesterday afternoon, I started to not feel so hot. I should have known something was up when I took a 3 hour nap yesterday afternoon. But no. So I woke up this morning feeling like Ms. Snuffleupagus. I have a massive sinus thing going on and I kind of feel like I have been hit by a truck. I started on an antibiotic and have been taking Tylenol Sinus around the clock. I am hoping that sleeping in tomorrow will help too!

Until I started feeling bad yesterday, I had a whole list of things I wanted to do this weekend. I wanted to do my holiday baking, but seeing as I have had the dizzies due to my sinuses, I passed on that. I did watch a few movies, one being Julie and Julia. I read the book on the way out to Tahoe this summer and enjoyed it. The movie was really interesting, especially the parts about Julia Child. It made me want to get in my kitchen and cook!

I also have several knitting projects going for Christmas. Well, since it's Friday, I better get to feeling better. I found the most precious pattern for these. I am not saying what they are. If you are a close family member, DO NOT CLICK THE LINK!!! They knit up in a jiffy and you get to felt. Need I say more? Also, they are so similar to my favorite shoes of all time. And we all know my professed love for all things Paula Deen, sweet tea and my favorite shoes of all time.

Today we had an impromtu family get together in Scranton at our barbeque place. It started out as a few of us just getting together before Christmas and then ALL of our family showed up. It was so nice to see everyone before Christmas.

Well, Pitty Pat is asleep in his crate, so I think I will go to bed. My head is hurting, so I think that is my cue...

Later Gators!
:) JKP

No comments: