Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Paging Dr. Gregory House... STAT!

Hey Y'all....

I am wondering if that hospital on the show House is real. Is there really a Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital? Surely there is a Dr. House somewhere....at this point I think I could qualify as a patient!

Anyway... the doc figured out what is wrong with me. I had another biopsy done yesterday and today it came back and they have concluded that I have Sweet Syndrome. I wish that meant that I was chronically nice, but it doesn't. It's a syndrome that some folks with Crohn's get.. and lucky me! My sore on my leg is larger. I have four new stitches to show for their exploration yesterday. My students are very impressed at my collection of stitches these days! I have to start on a round of prednisone and take it for the next two weeks. I have a follow up appointment on the 15th. So hopefully I can return to the land of the living soon!

In other news, we are still monitoring Hannah. She can't make up her mind if she is a hurricane or tropical storm. By all accounts, I think that Myrtle Beach is going to be safe. We are going to school for the next two days, so I think that means we are in the clear. My kids have been really excited about the storm, though. I had to pull out some hurricane stuff because they were so interested. We go online during the day to check out the progress of Hannah, Ike and Josephine. Tomorrow we are going to write a Hannah poems. Hee! If you can't beat them, join them!

I off to bed... I am so tired! I just finished grading 10 sets of papers. What a glamorous life I lead!
:) JKP

No comments: