Thursday, September 4, 2008

Battening Down the Hatches!

Hey Y'all!

Well, remember in my last post how I said that Myrtle Beach was going to be fine and we were in school for the next two days? Hee.... I was somewhat wrong. We got word this morning about 11:30 that school was cancelled for tomorrow due to the "unexpected nature" of the tropical storm Hannah. So I find myself with a day off tomorrow! The weather experts still can't determine where she will actually make landfall, but I do think that the weather is not going to be fun tomorrow night. Luckily, I had an inkling that this may happen, and visited the grocery store on Tuesday. Yeah, I'm psychic like that. So Zoe and Zorro have bones and water. Most importantly, I have cheese doodles, movies and yarn. We are set.

Y'all.. that nasty evil prednisone is working! I am starting to feel better! My sore is getting a little better, and it did not hurt as much today. Also, my leg didn't swell as much either. Tomorrow I am going to post a timeline of pics for this Sweet's Syndrome that I have. It will blow your mind when you see how this thing literally took over my leg. I am so thankful that the pain is lessening. I actually took Zoe and Zorro for a stroll tonight and didn't have to limp. Don't get me wrong, my leg is still repulsive, but by next week it should be gone. Let's just hope another one doesn't pop up anytime soon. Although, I must say... it has been a few years since I have been on the prednisone. I forgot how bad it makes me feel. But it does give me lots of energy! p.s. visit the link for Sweet Syndrome above... it made CNN!

I've been upstairs tonight pulling together baby yarn for some projects that I need to work on. I have 5 friends who are expecting babies within the next 6 months, so I need to get busy! I have found some cute and easy baby sweater patterns on Ravelry that I am going to work on over the weekend. Luckily I graded all of my papers last night, so I can play and rest my leg this weekend.

Well, I am off to watch the Republican National Convention. You know, I am interested in politics... however.... these past two weeks of conventions has given me the best nights sleep in a long while. I am going to be lost when they are over! Give me a crowd and a speech and I can call it a night!
:) JKP

I'll post tomorrow and let you know how we are doing!

No comments: