Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Just a Quick Note...

Hi Y'all...

I'm still here! Getting back into the swing of things yesterday was tough! I think both me and my students enjoyed having a "surprise" day off on Friday. Finally today, things were more normal. We seemed to be on more of a schedule and without any tropical storms or hurricanes looming we could focus on what we had to get done today!

I am very excited, tonight I have supper club with all of my friends from the Coastal Area Writing Project that I took this summer. We are meeting at Abuelos, one of my favorite restaurants! I can't wait to see and catch up with everyone. Since school started my writing has gone by the wayside, as I thought it would. It will be nice to reconnect with everyone and maybe get some ideas flowing! I have noticed that this year I am better about not bringing as much home, but since I haven't been feeling great, I come home and rest up for the next day.

My leg is so much better, you wouldn't believe it! I will post pics tomorrow. I go back to Charleston on Monday to be re-evaluated and hopefully I can get off of this dang prednisone. I haven't slept in over a week! I actually got in bed at 8:30 last night, took a Tylenol p.m and only got 4 hours of sleep. Then when I wake up I am covered in sweat because of the hot flashes I am having. Zorro is so not happy with me right now! Not to mention that the prednisone makes me literally want to cry.. LIKE ALL OF THE TIME! It also makes me very anxious! I am so ready to get off of this merry go round!

Well, let me go.. I've got to take a bath before I go out to dinner...
:) JKP

No comments: