Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Oh No She Didn't!!!!

Hey Y'all,
Well. Ahem. I went and did a little something last night that is really worth blogging about! Y'all know how much I LOVE the weather. I mean, I love it. I track it, I watch the Weather Channel constantly, and my students and I observe the weather every day. I have always wanted to be a storm spotter trained by the National Weather Service. The storm spotters are the folks who talk with the NWS (National Weather Service) and let them know about conditions on stormy days, snowy days, etc. Storm spotters DO NOT chase storms, but observe conditions and damage and let the folks who are trained aware of what is going on. Well. Guess what item I can cross off of my bucket list??
Last night I attended the training session in Conway. It was AWESOME. 3 hours of weather goodness. I learned so much new stuff, got tons of stuff for my kiddies and found out that I am not the only person who is slightly, shall we say, obsessed with the weather! I am all official now!
Since I am little too old to go back and get my degree in meteorology.. this is the next best thing!
So watch out, I have the inside track now!


Here's a little video that they showed us last night. Do you know what happened?



Yup. That little train got hit by a EF3 tornado. Scary stuff! Anyhoo, I just thought I would share my interesting news with you!!!! Watch out Jim Cantore!
Tootles,
JKP

No comments: