Friday, July 20, 2012

Fuh-Get About It Chicken... and Summer is FLYING By!

Hey Y'all!

These past few weeks have FLOWN by! I had a visit from BFF Marie last week. By last Sunday, I was on the road again meeting my Mom in Mt. Pleasant so she could pick up Pitty Pat for the week! Monday I had my third cortisone shot in my foot (YAY, it is soooo much better!). After my shot, I drove to Sumter to visit with my Grandparents. I had dinner with my Granny and then headed over to my Granddaddy's and Step Grandmother's house. My step grandmother Marge had eye surgery on Tuesday, so I was on hand to drive them around and help around the house. By Wednesday afternoon, I was back on the road to Beaufort. Which is where I am hanging out now. I am not sure when I am heading home, all I know is that I can't get back in my car and drive a long distance for a couple of days... I am tuckered out folks! But I am so glad to be back with my Pitty Pat! :)

Yesterday I did a little back to school (sob) clothes shopping here in Beaufort. Then Mom and I ate at a VERY yummy restaurant with some friends called Dockside. If you are ever in Beaufort, you must eat here! The cornbread is like cake! :) Also, this is the best seafood I have EVER eaten. Yup. It was that good!

Anyhoo, now that I have caught y'all up on my adventures, I thought I would give you a great and EASY recipe for the weekend! Y'all, this recipe is so easy and so yummy that I could eat this once a week. In fact, I am cooking it for Mom tonight!

It is called... FUH-Get About It Chicken (insert Jersey accent here!)
Here's what you will need......


Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2 cups of Minute Rice
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can of Cream of Celery Soup
1 packet of Onion Soup Mix
4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
Water

Start by mixing the soups, rice (uncooked) and 1 can of water in a bowl. Mix well. Pour mixture into a buttered baking dish. Place the chicken breasts on top of the rice mixture. Open the packet of Onion Soup Mix and sprinkle a bit on top of each chicken breast.


Now cover with tinfoil and bake at 350 degrees for an hour and a half. Here's a disclaimer... this stuff smells so good, you will not be able to wait to eat it! :)

Make a salad or some veggies and enjoy dinner! :)



Oh and one more note..... You know how I was talking about how much I love my new shoes by Orthaheel? Well, they had a little sale on their website.. so I stocked up on some shoes for school! This is my rainbow of Orthaheels! If you have foot problems, you have to get some of these!

Alrighty!
Y'all have a great Friday!
Tootles!
JKP

p.s. Pitty Pat says he is having a great time at Granny's house! :)

No comments: