Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's Raining, It's Pouring, Paddington is Snoring!

Hey Y'all,

Well, I am savoring my last few weeks of summer vacay. Really, I only have about 3 weeks off this year. I know, I know, many of you don't get that many all year. I have spent my time off hanging out with Mr. P. He had his "surgery" on Monday and has done really well. He was groggy on Monday when I brought him home, but that quickly changed. He doesn't seem to be in pain, just itchy where they had to shave his hair. He has a little razor burn. Yesterday he took off like a jack rabbit around the back yard, and today he ran upstairs. So I think he is recouping well! Right now it is pouring and he is taking a little snooze. He has been doing that alot more lately. When he first came home, he was so hyper that he didn't sleep at all! Now, he will play really hard, and then take a nap. We took a walk right before this thunderstorm, and I just fed him dinner. So I guess he is tuckered. Oops, I spoke too soon. He's got his eyes on me now!

Tomorrow we get to meet with our obedience school trainer. Sunny Dogs Training here in Myrtle Beach is going to come to our house and train both of us! Kristen sounds super nice and believes in positive reinforcement is the way to go with training. I couldn't agree more! She is coming for a consult visit tomorrow and then we are going to set up our training schedule. Paddington has a few manners that he needs to learn. He is so smart, I feel like if we went to a group training that he would learn some bad stuff from other doggies! Or maybe, teach them a few things! We need to work on sitting, dropping, coming when called and when to go to our space when we are told. I also want Kristen to help me fine tune Paddington's schedule since I am heading back to school on August 12th!

I went out and ran a few errands today, AND EVERYTHING IS BACK TO SCHOOL!! I am so not ready to face that reality yet! So, I am going to stick my head in the sand for a little while longer. I am going to hang out with Mr. P, watch some movies, read and go to the beach! Of course, let's not forget the knitting!

:) JKP

No comments: