Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Passed With Flying Colors....

Hey Y'all!

Well, Mr. Paddington had his first vet visit today and he did great! The vet checked him out from head to toe and pronounced him healthy! Paddington does have a case of roundworm, which he was probably born with. He is going to take some oral medication for the next 5 days and hopefully that will help the situation. He did great, even with his vaccinations! And boy, did he get several! Right now he is sound asleep in his crate holding his toy giraffe. I would take a picture, but folks, I don't want to disturb my tired, sleeping baby!

I also talked with the vet about crate training and he told me that puppies will have accidents in their crates at times. Paddington has had 2 accidents in his crate over the past few days. He told me that in his lifetime he has only had 2 dogs who he couldn't train. He also said that just when I am about ready to put Paddington outside for good and pull my hair out, that doggies just click with house training. He also told me to leave him in his crate a little more than I have been and to limit his free time for just a while. So I will put his suggestions in place!

On a different note, this time next week I will be on my way to Lake Tahoe! I have so much to do to get ready! It looks like the temps out in Tahoe City are going to be in the upper 60's to lower 70's while I am out there. The lows at night are in the 40's! I am getting ready to head out (when it cools off) tonight and do some looking around Kohl's and Belk to see if I can't pick up a few things for my trip! I am finally getting excited about going!

This week has really flown by! I got my first check for teaching summer school yesterday. Besides budgeting for Paddington's vet visit today, I also bought a State Park Pass for SC State Parks. Now I can go in without paying a fee! After I get back from Tahoe, I plan to start taking Paddington walking on the beach at night. I figure that will tire him out and get him used to one of my favorite places.

That's about it for today!
:) JKP

No comments: