Sunday, March 14, 2010

Knitting Fever

Hey Y'all,


Well, instead of spring fever, I think I have knitting fever, which is quite a strange thing. Usually I am content with working on one or two projects in a month or two. Well, since 2010 started I have completed more projects in the past 3 months that I usually do all year long. Call it stress relief, call it creativity, but something has changed! Check out my finished projects for the weekend!


On Friday, Melynda from French Press Knits released a new pattern called Montebello Textured Cowl. Well, I wore my Breckenridge Cowl to school on Friday and caused a small frenzy. So I knew I had to knit Melynda's new cowl. It only took about 2 hours last night and after a bit of blocking, it was instant gratification time!


I worked it in the color green so I could wear it on St. Patty's day. It is supposed to be cool here this week, so this cowl will come in handy. I used some yarn in my stash, Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in the color grass. I still had alot of yarn left over too, so this is a good stash reducer.
Also, I worked on a hat this weekend for my college roomie who just had a little boy. There is a sweater that goes with this hat, but I am going to have to wait until next week to get started on it. I accidentally got my wrist caught in the back of my CR-V's hatch while it was closing last week. I didn't break it, but it is definitely bruised. So I need to rest it for a few days and then back to attack knitting.

That's about all here. I am off to put in a movie and rest. Pitty Pat says hi!
:) JKP

No comments: