Monday, June 7, 2010

Beware of What You Wish For......

Hey Y'all!!!

Whoo, hooo! I am officially finished with the 2009-2010 school year! My classroom is moved and I am ready for a break! Bring on summer!

Yesterday, I was sitting on the beach with my feet in the water reading a great book. I suddenly looked out over the water and had a thought. What would it be like to be rich? I mean to actually have a million dollars to your name. I think what brought this on is the book I am reading. The characters in my book are really rich. Like, so rich, they haven't ever had to worry about how they were going to put gas in their car or how they were going to buy milk that week. Nice. Anyhoo... I continued my thought of what I could do if I had a million dollars. Folks and organizations I could help, the sleep I would have at night, because I wouldn't be worried about how I could make my pay check stretch any more. Eventually, I went back to reading my book. A little while later, I noticed something fluttering towards me in the water. It happened to float right by my chair. I picked it up and examined it. It looked like someone had lost a dollar bill. I swear this could only be a "Julia" happening.



Hell to the yes! It was a $1,000,000 bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fake of course, but enough to make me sit there on the beach dumbfounded for a good five minutes. I looked around to see if anyone was acting like they lost their fake $1,000,000 bill. Everyone seemed fine. So I did what any American would do. I took it as a sign and bought a lottery ticket.

My Mama is crazy in the head.

So, the rule to this story is, beware of what you wish for! I am off to enjoy my first free night of summer! I have a knitting surprise for y'all tomorrow!!!

XXOO,
JKP

No comments: