Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Lovin'

Hey Y'all!

Well, I have officially been out of school for one week! It seems longer than that, but one week it is! Tomorrow through Thursday I have to take a three day class on how to be a "mentor" to a student teacher. Then, after that, I am a free woman!

This past weekend Pitty Pat and I took a little road trip to see Mom in Beaufort, SC. I lived in Beaufort when I was in Kindergarten and First Grade. Beaufort has changed a lot since then, but some things I did recognize. I wanted to take Pitty Pat down to the waterfront and get some pictures, but y'all it was just too hot. 90 percent humidity at 9:00 in the morning is just miserable for everyone! Maybe next time we can have a photo shoot! For you movie buffs out there.... Beaufort is where The Big Chill, The Great Santini, G.I. Jane, Forest Gump, Forces of Nature and The Prince of Tides were filmed. Let's not forget... it is home to Parris Island as well!

Anyhoo! This summer I have discovered two new and favorite things! You may already know about them, but y'all. I love them!

The first thing I have fallen in love with is the Sketchers Tone Up Flip Flops. Y'all know that I am a flip flop girl and wear them year round. Lately I have been having some problems with one of my knees and I thought I would give these a try. Y'all. It is like slipping your foot into BUTTER! There is so much support in these things! The pair I got is below. I picked them up at the Tanger Outlets... but not the Sketcher outlet. Believe it or not, the Famous Footware outlet was cheaper $39.00, than the Sketcher outlet for $49.99!

I have been wearing them on my walks with Pitty Pat and my knee already feels better. I am wearing them more for support than weightloss, but anything in that area is a bonus!!!!!!

The other thing I have fallen in love with and have an obsession with is Palmetto Cheese!! This is a local product that originates right here in Pawleys Island. It is the yummiest pimento cheese I have ever had! My favorite thing to fix for supper on these hot nights is a cold plate with fresh fruit (tonight it was blueberries, watermelon, cantaloupe and tomatoes) with Palmetto Cheese on with a Kings Hawaiian Bread Snacker. YUMMY GOODNESS!


If you check out the website, you can do a search to see where Palmetto Cheese is being sold in your area. Right now it is in several southern states, so run don't walk and grab you some!!!!! There was also a write up about this in the May 2010 edition of Southern Living too!

Already, bedtime for me! I've got class in the morning. At least I am not teaching it!!!
:) JKP

No comments: