Saturday, August 28, 2010

With an Itch, Itch here and an Itch, Itch There...

Hey Y'all,

Well I have survived my first 5 days of school. And just guess what happened to pop up on day 5? HIVES. Again. I don't know if it is something in the school building or what, but I have been hive free ALL summer. 5 days back and I am covered. I am taking lots for the hives, but they are still spreading. I am covered. Oh. MY.

To keep myself from scratching all of my itchy, itchy spots I am actually doing some knitting! That keeps my hands busy and takes my mind of being itchy. We have several teachers on my hall who are expecting in the next few months, so I thought I would get their baby shower gifts out of the way. The worst time with my hives really is at night. I woke up today at 3 a.m. itching. So. Not. Fun. I haven't changed anything that I have been eating and I am using the same box of detergent that I have had all summer. Nothing has changed but school. So there you go.

Have you been keeping up with the tropics? I have and boy are they busy! They keep saying that Earl is going to leave us alone, and I sure hope that is true! I would kind of like to make it to the "J" name this year. Just to have a tropical storm Julia. Although, if she takes after her namesake, we better batten down the hatches. :)

Pitty Pat is doing great and I have had a fun week telling my second graders all about Pitty Pat and his daily antics. I even shared the story Paddington Bear with them so they know how I came up with Pitty Pat's name. He's not entirely happy that I am not home all day anymore, but on days like today, it makes up for it.

Alrighty, I am going to try and partake in a Saturday afternoon nap. Itch. Itch.
:) JKP

No comments: