Monday, January 17, 2011

I Likey a Good Shopping Deal!

Hey Y'all!

Well, yesterday I went out to run some errands. I ended up driving to the north end of the beach so I could check out the mall formally known as Briarcliffe and also visit The Bass Pro Shop. They had some cute clothes during Christmas and I wanted to see if they were having any sales. I tried a few things on at Bass Pro and then wandered around the mall for a bit. I am still trying to get in my 10,000 steps a day, and the mall is a great place to do that!

I don't ever really go clothes shopping for myself, because most of my take home salary goes to my mortgage and other bills. Whatever I have left over (which isn't much) goes towards medicines, food and stuff for Pitty Pat. So very rarely do I ever buy clothes. In fact, I don't think I have bought any clothing since August. My mom gave me some great things for my birthday and Christmas. So there's where my clothing comes from! I also hang onto my clothes for YEARS. I am very picky about what I wear too. So anyhoo... I wandered into several stores just browsing and getting my steps in. I wandered into JC Penney and little did I know I was about to hit the jackpot! The weather here in Myrtle Beach has been really chilly lately and I really don't have "winter" clothes. I was hoping to find a sweater or two that I could wear on the really cold days. Well. I. Found. A. Few. All of their sweaters were marked down to $5 and $8. I walked out of JC Penney with 2 shirts and 3 sweaters for under $40. Then in Belk I found a pair of jeans (PRAISE THE LORD!) and a nice wool skirt for a grand total $18. Wow. I may hyperventilate about this later, but I really found some things that I needed at really good prices. So now that I am ready for the cold weather, it will for sure turn 70 degrees next week!

Here's a picture of my savings!

Yes. This girl loves a good shopping deal!

:) JKP

No comments: