Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful

Hey Y'all!

WHEW! My Thanksgiving break just flew by! I had good intentions of posting during break, but something always got in the way! Cleaning, laundry, oh. And. School work! Last night I sat down to post only to realize that our 2nd nine week interims are due on Friday. So I went ahead and took care of them last night. It wasn't so bad this time. I have all of my Christmas decorations up and a great Christmas movie was on TV. ALSO. I have a brand new sofa! Woo hooo!

I noticed the day before Thanksgiving that Big Lots had a sofa that I just loved. And for those of you that know me, know that I needed a new sofa in the worst way. So Santa told me that could be my Christmas present!

Here I am getting to know my new sofa in the store. This was just the model, mine came all wrapped up! Santa delivered my sofa on Friday!

As you can see, here is the new sofa in my living room. We have moved some things around since this picture was taken. Pitty Pat is in love with our new piece of furniture. I love that it has a chaise lounge on one end. :)

Before Thanksgiving break, I did get some knitting in. One of my favorite projects that I have been working on is fingerless gloves. These are so easy to make and will make great Christmas gifts.


I also started knitting a ruffle scarf! This is made with the coolest yarn. The yarn is made of webbing and you knit in between the loops. This produces a ruffle! Sadly, this scarf has been frogged. During the Extreme Living Room Makeover, this got misplaced and it ended up falling off of the needle. So, I guess I will be casting on again this week.


Over Thanksgiving my family did the usual... we ate our Gobble Gobble lunch at The Boundary House in Calabash, NC. It is so nice and they always have it decked out for Christmas. Here I am with Mom striking a pose!
And last but not least, over the holiday, I found some time for a mani pedi. I needed this in the worst way! I have been having some issues with my left foot (the same one I broke a few years ago) so it was very nice to get the royal treatment for an hour and a half. I have this sparkly color on my toes and feet... It is Opi's "Don't Toy With Me." It is one of their Christmas colors. It makes me happy just to look at it!
Over the short break, I did manage to get my three! Christmas Trees up. As you saw from my last post, I had some Christmas Crafting going on. This year one of my trees is a cupcake tree. I will post directions tonight on how you can make your own cupcake tree. It is a very happy Christmas tree!
Well, I think I have caught y'all up on everything! I'll post tonight with directions for the cupcake ornaments.
Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: