Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Sock of the Day.. 3! Turkey in a Crockpot and Corn Puddin' too!

Hey Y'all!

Wow. If you follow the Twilight series and you haven't seen Breaking Dawn 2 yet, Oh My. You need to. I had a lot to ponder after the movie yesterday so I didn't get back to post. Wow. It was good!

Any hoo... here's today's Christmas Sock of the Day... From now on I think I will call it.. CSOD..
This sock is an oldie but goodie. I technically wear them past Christmas because I think gingerbread is great year round! I love this sock because it has all of the baking ingredients for Gingerbread Men!


AND! Speaking of cooking... hee, hee... Did you like my segway?
Here are the Thanksgiving recipes I have been promising for DAYS. Oh. They are worth it. You can use them for Christmas!

As I told you in my last post, I, JKP have never, ever, ever, baked a turkey before. I know. GASP. But. I decided this was the year and my crockpot was going to do all of the work. :)

For Crockpot Turkey you will need...


A SLOW COOKER LINER (Do not skimp on this. You will be a very sad monkey if you do.)
1 packet of onion soup mix
1/2 cup of orange juice
1 can of WHOLE BERRY cranberry sauce
1 turkey breast (anywhere from 3 to 5 pounds. Mine was a 4 and a half pounder. I bought mine fresh not frozen. With all of my digestive issues, I don't need a 20% solution of who knows what in a frozen turkey sending me to the hospital!) ALSO take into account the size of your crockpot. That will really determine what size of turkey breast you can get.

Now. Line your crockpot with the crockpot liner. You can find these on the aisle with the aluminum foil and plastic wrap.
Take your turkey out of it's packaging. Check inside to make sure there are not any bits or pieces. Just in case. Place your turkey in your crockpot and WASH YOUR HANDS!

Now in a bowl, combine the orange juice, onion soup mix, and the  whole berry cranberry sauce. Mix well. Pour over the turkey. Put on the crockpot lid. Cook on low for 6 and 1/2 hours or until your meat thermometer measures 170 degrees.


 
Warning. Your house will smell so yummy!
I am also SAD to say.. we ate this so fast, that I did not get a final picture. But. It. Was. Oh. So. YUMMY!
 
Now every turkey needs a sidekick... right? I present you with Crockpot Corn Puddin'.
 
For Crockpot Corn Puddin' you will need....
 
 
 
2 cans (10 ozs) of whole kernel corn ( DO NOT DRAIN)
2 cans (14 ozs) of creamed corn
2 boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 stick of butter
1 8 oz container of sour cream
 
Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix.
 


Then pour into a lined crockpot. Cook on low for 3 hours or high for 2 hours.


 
It is the perfect sidekick to your turkey! And, again, I was slack with the final pics!
 
I hope you enjoy these recipes. They are so easy and they taste like you went to a lot of effort. I will say, the turkey sammies we made from the left over turkey were just divine. The crockpot will make your turkey very juicy and moist. :)
 
And, one last thought...  I think the reason I never attempted a turkey before was because of the movie Christmas Vacation. You know the scene. The one where they cut the turkey.. AND it basically decompresses in front of the family? OH LAWD. I did not want that kind of failure. :)
 
Now. Guess who has been nominated to cook Christmas Dinner at my Mom's this year? I better start looking for recipes!
 
Tootles!
:) JKP



No comments: