Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy, Happy Thanksgving/Black Friday!

Hey Y'all!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I did! Do you know what? I technically cooked my first turkey on Wednesday! Granted it was in the crockpot and it was just a turkey breast, BUT I DID IT! And, it was yummy!

I have a recipe for the turkey and corn pudding that I made on Wednesday, but I will post about that later on. As you know, my family eats out on Thanksgiving, so I wanted to make sure I had leftovers to munch on over this busy weekend. And munch we have!

Here's a quick recap of our Turkey Day Meal....

Family Pics..

Me and Mom!

The Fam!
 

We always eat at The Boundary House in Calabash. The meal was yummy and we had leftovers from this meal too!

After our yummy meal, we went and checked out the movie Lincoln. Y'all, this movie is so good,  you must go see it. It is so interesting and the cast of characters is very enjoyable. Go, you won't be disappointed especially if you are a history buff!

Now, I am not like most folks. I likey a good shopping deal, BUT  I do not like to get out in the wee hours of Black Friday. But, I don't mind going out during the day. However, if I walk in a store and it is mass chaos I will walk back out! Mom and I hit a few stores today. Our main goal was to hit Belk. I had heard a wee bit of a rumor that the Belk up in North Myrtle Beach carried Orthaheels. And. Y'all know the sad shape my left foot is in. It has really been bothering me lately because the weather has turned cold and most of my Orthaheels are for warmer weather. Mom and Pitty Pat gave me a new pair for my birthday, but I can't wear them everyday because they are black.So off we went. 5 minutes in the store and I thought I was going to lose my mind! But WE FOUND the shoes AND WE GOT TO USE A COUPON! So, I have two new pairs of shoes to wear! Both of these are brown and they are so cute. So, now my feet can be happy again.. EVERYDAY!  I still may have to make a trip back to the podiatrist sometime soon. I am hoping these few days of rest will help it though! :)

Tomorrow we are planning to take it easy and maybe hit a few consignment stores. I don't really need anything, but the weather is really turning cold... well, beach cold here, and it wouldn't hurt to have a few more sweaters. I'll do a post soon on the latest finds I have found in consignment stores.

Before I go... I do want to tell you guys about a few favorite things I have discovered this week....

Bookbub! If you have a Kindle or a Nook you need to visit this site daily or sign up for emails. Everyday they send you an email with 3 or 4 books that are free to download to your Nook or Kindle. To see the daily deals and not have them emailed to you visit www.bookbub.com/deals/
I have put 6 new free books on my Kindle Fire as of today. And. Yes you read that right! I now have a Kindle Fire! We originally ordered it for my Granny's Christmas present, but once we got it, we realized it would be very hard for Granny to manage. I do have an ipad, but it is not mine and it is only mine as long as I am employed by my school district in a primary grade. I didn't feel very comfortable downloading books on something that really didn't belong to me. This way I can download away and continue reading the e books that I have come to love reading! :)

As if I am not enough of a medical mess these days, I have had the worst eczema breakout I have ever had over these past two weeks. I have fought with this since I was a baby and winter is really the worst for me. On top of that, my Crohn's can cause terrible skin rashes, so the past few weeks have been very uncomfortable to shower and put on clothes. After dealing with Aveeno and failed results, I picked up some Cetaphil and finally started to use it this week. I have now added the Cetaphil lotion to the mix... and y'all... it is a Christmas miracle! My skin has calmed down so much and I can actually take a shower and not be in pain! Every day the rash gets smaller and less irritated. Thank goodness! So. Cetaphil is awesome if you are having eczema issues or just crazy dry skin. I swear, I will never be without this stuff again! It is terrible to go to bed one night and wake up the next morning covered in an eczema rash. I am sure stress is playing a part in it too! So run, don't walk if you need this product!

Well, that is what I have been up to. I want to leave you with one more pic... I think "someone" is very happy I am home for a few days!


Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: