Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Currently and Movie Reviews!

Hey Y'all!

Two posts this week! I am on a roll! Hee, hee!

This past weekend I got a nice surprise in my mailbox. Every now and then my cable company sends out coupons for free movies to watch On Demand. This is a really nice treat. This past weekend I ran some errands, caught up on the laundry, finished a few knitting projects and then snuggled up with Pitty Pat and caught up on some movies that I haven't had a chance to see. The first movie I watched was the remake of Red Dawn. This movie was very entertaining and a wee bit hard to watch, given the current situation with North Korea. Overall, it was a very entertaining movie, but I am glad that I watched it for free. I give it a B-. The first Red Dawn will always remain a favorite with me! The second movie I watched was Playing for Keeps. This was an entertaining movie as well, but it was not very deep or funny for that matter. I am just glad that I didn't spend that hour in a half in a movie theatre. I give that one a C+. It wasn't terrible, but it could have been a little better. I am really looking forward to this weekend because it looks as if the really good movies are getting ready to hit the big screen. I can't wait to check out Olympus Has Fallen (SQUEEE! Action! Adventure!) and Admission with Tina Fey. They both look great and they are on the agenda for this weekend's entertainment! :) I'll do a review on both when I see them!

On the knitting front I am working on a cowl and trying to get it finished before the weekend. Our warm, balmy weather has disappeared and we are back to the cold, dreary winter. The next few nights are supposed to be BELOW freezing. That is not what I want to hear or feel. I really want to swap out my winter clothes for my colorful spring and summer clothes! I guess I will have to wait a few weeks on that! Also. I am currently obsessed with wanting to knit this sweater. I am not sure if I am brave enough to do it. But, I am pondering it! I bought the pattern..... :)



I also finished the 8th book in Maggie Sefton's knitting series. I need to slow down! I only have two more left. :)

And finally, only 20 days late.. here is this month's Currently thanks to Farley.


Yes, you read that right. I have lost my mind and signed up for a graduate class this summer. I have another one I need to take, but I am not sure that is in the budget for this summer. But. I will be taking a class in Summer 1. Lord. Help. Me! Also the last three... what do you like right now... I have an awesome new pair of Orthaheel flippies for the Spring/Summer... I am loving my LIME GREEN new Adirondack chair I got for my back patio on Sunday AND I am HATING that the COLD weather has come back for a visit.

So that is what is going on here. I am off to take a bath and chillax with some hot cocoa. Thank goodness tomorrow is Thursday!

Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: