Friday, March 29, 2013

Happy, Happy, Happy!

Hey Y'all!

Whooo, heee! It's Spring Break y'all! :) I had a serious moment on Monday night where I thought I was not going to make it through the rest of the week, but luckily some Edy's ice cream helped that moment! I am off for the next 10 days. No alarm needed. Well, except for Pitty Pat! This morning I have a house to straighten and clean a bit because Mom is coming for a visit. After I straighten up a bit today, I have a few errands to run. Then I am hunkering down for a nap. I am tired people!

Although I may be on spring break.. the weather doesn't know it. It has only been in the 50's all week. It is supposed to warm up into the 60's Sunday and Monday. Then we are plunging back down into the cold again. I am not a fan. But, I am off, so I am not going to complain! During our last cold snap, I casted on a couple of knit hats to keep my ears warm while I walk the Pitty Padster. I have had to frog one of them 3 times, so I am not sure if it is actually going to make it to hatdom or not! Here's what is on the needles....


It appears that I am going through a blue phase right now! The bright blue yarn is trying to become the cabled hat that is on the yarn label. The other piece of knitting is a dropstitch cowl that is going to be quite warm. I found the pattern on Etsy. Also tucked in there you can see the 9th Maggie Sefton book in the Kelly Flynn mystery series. I actually finshed it this week. I am putting off reading the 10th one because the 11th book doesn't come out until June. So I am trying to savor the last book!


One other thing that has really made me happy, happy, happy are these Cafe Cups! Y'all they fit perfectly into the Keurig. I picked mine up at CVS for about $9.  But if you have Extra Care Rewards you can pick them up for even less. In the package you get four Cafe Cups plus a scoop. I really love them because it makes it REALLY easy to use your own coffee in the Keurig. And. Y'all know I still have a ton of my Christmas coffee left! I have the Keurig version of the Cafe Cup, but it is really hard to use. These Cafe Cups are a snap and the coffee grounds don't leak into your cup! This is a true find! Also, it saves you money. One box of K Cups usually runs about $9 to $11. This way, you save all the way around by not having to constantly buy K Cups. This is a great find!



This shows you that the Cafe Cup is the same size as a regular K Cup!
Anyhoo, that is what is going on here! I am off to straighten and run some errands. Have a great day!
Tootles!
:) JKP 

No comments: