Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Prodigal Blogger Returns.. With Knitting Too!

Hey Y'all!

Well, my New Year's resolution to be a better blogger in 2010 has yet to get off of the ground! Let's just say that I have been going through some yucky stuff and I am so glad that the month of January is over! To top it off, I got sick and it lasted FOREVER.. so I have been feeling pretty low. Never fear, I am better and back to blogging!!!


A few posts ago I mentioned that I had been commissioned to knit a baby set for our librarian at school. This was for her niece that was having her first baby and really treasured hand knit items. Well, I started on this a few weeks ago. What would have taken me a weekend to knit turned into a week and a half due to me getting sick. Then, the niece had her baby four weeks early! I make it a rule to never work on knitting for babies when I am sick, so it took a while. Needless to say, here is the finished set. I am happy to report that it brought tears to the librarian who asked me to knit it and her sister who works at my school as well. That folks, makes knitting worth it!



In other news, I made a quick trip to Charleston today for a Dr's appointment. Everything is fine, it was just a check up. My appointment finished early, so I made stops at Andolini's for some cheese pizza and to Knit to check out the merchandise. I bought a few patterns at Knit, and that was it. I mainly went for inspiration for my next knitting project, and I did walk away with a few ideas. I have been dying to visit this cupcake store on King Street, called appropriately Cupcake, but alas it was too far away from where I was on Wentworth AND did I mention it is cold in these parts? I drove home in this crazy wind that we are having and took a nap for the rest of the day. Zoe and Paddington were glad to help out on that front!

Pitty Pat turned 11 months last week! Can you believe that on March 4th he will be a year old? He is doing all kinds of funny things. Right now, he is trying to eat my bathroom rug. Yup. Still very much a puppy. But, at night he likes to cuddle with me in the bed and will even sleep with me until about 1 or 2. Then he wants to get up and play. So back in the crate he goes.


Well, I am going to heat up some dinner. I have a recipe that I want to share for an easy peasy french toast. It is so YUMMY! I just have to get some batteries for the ol' digital camera! So sit tight! I will be back!

:) JKP

1 comment:

The Braggs said...

Beautiful knitting! Can you write when you sick?