Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend Knits

Hi Y'all!

Well, besides my adventures with hives this past week, I actually came down with a cold on Friday too! I knew it had to be a cold, because y'all I have been on enough antihistamine for an army. So this weekend I took it easy and hung out at home with Mr. Pitty Pat.

I have several blogs that I follow and this knitting season seems to be the season of the cowl. I like the concept of a cowl because it wraps around your neck and keeps it warm. It is not as long as a scarf and it can be completed in one night. So off to Ravelry I went in search of an easy peasy pattern that one can do while under the influence of cold medicines and antihistamines. Y'all know that I recently knitted the French Press Felted Slippers and Melynda also has a pattern for a cowl, the Breckenridge Cowl. So I purchased it from Etsy Friday night and off knitting I went. Y'all, this was another wonderful pattern! I just finished it up tonight, because I am so sleepy from all of my meds! I still have to find the right buttons this week, but overall I just love this! We are still supposed to have frosty weather here in Myrtle Beach until the middle of March and I think that I will get a lot of use out of this cowl! That is, until someone in my family steals it. Yup. I wonder how Pitty Pat would look in a cowl?

Sorry for the dingy photos.. my digital camera is not cooperating and I took these with my flip cam. I think you can see how beautifully the Breckenridge Cowl turned out. I used Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick in the color raspberry and knitted with size 15 needles. I took about 3/4's of the skein. I am really looking forward to wearing this!
Also, we have a BIG BIRTHDAY in the house this week! Paddington turns 1 on Thursday! I ventured out for a little bit yesterday and bought him a few prezzies. Chew toys of course! I plan to take him to Bruster's for a little ice cream treat on his special day. I still can't believe he is going to be 1 this week!
Well, let me sign off for now. Tomorrow is a school day and I have to get up bright and early!
:) JKP

1 comment:

French Press Knits said...

Looks lovely- can't wait to see what buttons you choose!