Thursday, December 30, 2010

Keeping Busy!

Hey Y'all!

I hope you are enjoying the last few days of 2010! Pitty Pat and I have been keeping busy during my time off. We have caught up on some movie watching, some sleep, laundry, online gossip and our growing DVR queue. I have started working on a couple of knitting projects (gasp!) but I frogged them yesterday. My tension is a bit off and I wasn't happy with the result I was getting.

One thing that I have been meaning to do for months is to make a "business" card for things that I knit and give as gifts or for my custom orders . I have business cards for my fledgling Etsy business (not quite off of the ground yet) but I needed something to attach to the hats and sweaters that I give for baby shower presents or sell. I ordered my last business cards from Vistaprint and have been very happy with them. So armed with a coupon and free shipping... I made up some cards for just me. I was able to order two sets of cards! One set was for 250 for free and the next set was just 500 for $10. Needless to say, I won't run out of cards anytime soon! The cards that I paid for have a logo of owls. Ever since I knitted up a few "HOOOOT Hats" this fall, I have had this thing about owls! So I present you with card number 1! Notice, I have blanked out my cell phone number! It's not that I don't love y'all... but I don't want any collect calls from Nigeria!


Here's card number 2! This was the free set so the template options were limited. But I like these too!



I also just got an email from Vistaprint letting me know that my cards are going to be shipping early! I will have them by Monday. This is great because I have to mail out a custom order next week, so I can attach my new cards!

So that is what Pitty Pat and I have been up to. I am off to run a few quick errands, then back to the sleeping, movie watching, DVR catching up and maybe knitting portion of my break!
Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: