Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mama's Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowl Girls..

Hey Y'all!

Well, South Carolina survived Snowballgeddon 2010. We only saw light flurries here in Myrtle Beach, but one little Pomeranian sure enjoyed the show!




Paddington, the SNOW DOG!

We have spent the past few days taking it easy and hiding from the cold. I ventured out yesterday to do a few errands and then I came right back home. Brrrr....!
Only in South Carolina can you start the week with snow and end it with 70 degree temps!

Right before Christmas, I took some wee steps with my knitting again. I still can't knit sitting up, it makes me dizzy. But, laying down and using a thick yarn seems to help. I came across this pattern for The Paddington Neck Warmer on Ravelry and just knew I had to knit it! One, because hello.. the name Paddington! And 2, because it is cute. I had some left over Moda Dea Tweedle Dee in Blue Heather left in my stash, so slowly knitting along I went. This turned into a Christmas present for my Mom from my Paddington.. and SHE LOVED it! I am a big fan of cowls. They are not as long as scarves and they really keep your neck warm. Also, they knit up fast and usually are knit up with really thick yarn!
Anyhoo, that's what we have been up to around these parts. Hopefully it will be a little warmer tomorrow and Pitty Pat and I can enjoy another long walk like we did today. :) Both of us haven't wanted to stray too far from the fireplace these days!
Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: