Monday, September 12, 2011

Wee Bit of Knitting and Movie Monday to Boot!

Hey Y'all!

Well, Pitty Pat and I just came in from a wonderful walk. We had a horrible thunderstorm this afternoon and afterwards, everything just cooled off. It feels like fall outside right now. When we got back in I had to open all of the windows just to feel the chill. Ahhhh....it won't last, but it was a nice taste!

Since we are entering cooler weather, I have pulled out my knitting needles again. I bought several cute patterns over the summer and I have started a few of them. A few weekends ago I picked up some of my almost finished projects and added the buttons and other things that they needed to finally be a finished project. One of these was a baby shrug called "Shrug Bug." It is actually a shrug for a baby! It is knit up on size 13 and 11 needles. You could probably use a 15 needle, but since I am a loose knitter, I went down a size. I used some Lion Brand Jiffy Thick and Quick  in the colorway of Rocky Mountains that I had in my stash closet. I think that it turned out adorable!



I bought the pattern here if you are interested! I casted on one evening around 6 and was finished the next day by 12. That included a long sleeping break and walking breaks for Mr. P. It took me longer to find a button that I liked than to knit the sweater!

There is a sweater to that is similar to this one that I can't wait to cast on for. It is called Bitty Bump. So cute! There is also an adult size that I would love to make for myself!

This is also the time of year when all of the knitting magazines come out with their holiday editions. While I was in Barnes and Noble yesterday I picked up a copy of Knitting Today. It has such cute patterns for Halloween, Turkey Day and even Christmas. I can't wait to get my needles on several of these projects. It would be nice to lock myself away in a log cabin with a fire, hot cocoa and Pitty Pat and spend the day knitting! Ahhh......a girl can dream!

Finally yesterday, I made it to the movies to see Contagion. Wow. It was very similar to Outbreak, but it was less action/adventure. It really makes you think about how many things you touch in a day and how many times you touch your face. I went out immediately after the movie and bought several bottles of Purell for me and my classroom. Hey, you may laugh at me, but the teachers always get things first!

That's about all that is going on here! I am off to get ready for the season finale of The Closer and
Rizzoli and Isles.  Although, I am kind of sleepy... so the DVR is set!!!!!! I am so sad that my summer tv shows are ending! But, next week I will have Castle back!

Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: