Sunday, September 25, 2011

Girls Weekend! Well... The Prequel!

Hey Y'all!

My best friend, Marie, came for a visit this weekend. And trust me, it was much needed!  I'll let you check out the photo below so you can see what we were up to this weekend! :)


We started off on Saturday at the Atalaya Craft Festival at the Atalaya Castle in Huntington Beach State Park. It is an awesome craft show with lots of vendors. I think one of my favorite finds from this weekend was at the craft festival. I found a tea bag holder! It is just a tiny thing, but perfect for my cuppa every night before I go to bed. It makes me happy!

After we left the craft show we hit some other stores in the area. After grabbing a quick lunch, we made our way to The Knit and Purl, my local yarn store. Susan B. Anderson has a precious baby hat knit out of Chuncky Mochi Baby yarn and I wanted to pick some up. Marie and I had a great time chatting with the owners and marveling over a "new" knitter in the store. Knitting is good for the soul I say! As you can see from the picture, I casted on for the baby hat last night during the Carolina football game. It is almost finished!

After our trip to the yarn store, we headed up north to the Tanger Outlets on 17. Marie got some Christmas shopping done and I picked up a precious book on wacky baby knits. It's a cute book and it was only $3!
We walked and shopped and eventually made our way back to my house. After resting for a bit, we decided to run to AC Moore. I had a 50 percent off coupon and needed to make a forgotten purchase. While I was there, I spied some Tweed Stripes yarn by Lion Brand. I love the look of tweed and stripes and this yarn is soft. I am not sure what it will become.... a hat? Fingerless gloves? We'll see! It's hibernating in my yarn basket right now. Isn't it nice to see something on my needles? Maybe I will have a finished project by tomorrow to post!

The last thing I want to mention is the yummy Pumpkin coffee. My Mom sent that to me last week in a care package. Although it is still 80 degrees here most days, the coffee in the early morning hits the fall spot. Is it cold where you are yet? It doesn't get cold here until January.

Alrighty, I am off to make supper! I am making Tamale Black Bean Pie! If all goes well, look for a recipe soon!

p.s. Pitty Pat wanted me to mention that he "helped" style the photo today! :)

No comments: