Thursday, October 13, 2011

Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater's 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins!

Hey Y'all!

Well, this is a recipe that has swept blogland and Pinterest like wildfire. I first saw it over at the blog Monograms and Manicures a few weeks ago. I knew we had a school munchie day coming up, so I filed the EASY recipe away in my brain to use!

Seriously folks. If you need something quick to make to take to a dinner party or just to be fabulous... This is it!

All you need, I swear is....



1 box of cake mix (you can use yellow mix or the Duncan Hines Spice Cake mix. To me the spice cake mix was the best!)
1 can of pure Pumpkin. NOT pumpkin pie filling.
1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips (if you want them!)
Decorative muffin cups with a fall or Halloween theme. (This is an after thought... I didn't have these, but it would have been a nice touch! )


Combine the cake mix and pumpkin in a mixer. Mix for two minutes. With a spatula add the bag of chocolate chips. The batter is a thick one, so I used a 3/4 cup measuring cup and scooped out the batter into the muffin cups. You want to fill the cups almost to the top. This is not like a cupcake batter, these muffins will not rise much.





Once all of the batter was in the cups, I took the back of a spoon and smoothed out the tops.  I did this before I placed them in the oven to make them look nice. :) Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. When you take the muffins out of the oven let them cool in the muffin tins. Some folks drizzle cream cheese frosting over these or sprinkle on some powdered sugar. To me, these were great by themselves. And if you are a Weight Watcher.. without the chocolate chips.. these are only two points each. :)

So, brew up a cup of hot tea and enjoy!

Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: