Monday, November 10, 2008

Blowin' Out Those Birthday Candles...

Hey Y'all!

Well, today I celebrated another birthday! I have actually been celebrating since last Friday (that's how I roll) but today kind of wrapped it all up!

I took the day off from work because I had a mammogram scheduled for today. It was my first and because of my age (more than mid thirties now... 36!! and family history) my doc thought it would be a good idea to get a baseline. I had the new "digital" version done and it wasn't painful at all. I went to this great place to get it done Carolina Forest Imaging Center and it was more like going to the spa! So I got one thing checked off my to do list for this year!!

I opened up my mailbox today with lots of good wishes from family and friends. All of my buddies on Facebook (aka crack book) wished me happy thoughts too! So all in all it was a good day!

Also this weekend, I went to the movies. Of course. One of my favorite things to do! I saw the movie Fireproof with Kirk Cameron. Ok. Kirk Cameron should say it all! Oh be still my 8th grade heart! Anyway, I have been hearing great things about this movie because it is from the producers who did Facing the Giants. It was also filmed in Albany, GA.. where I spent a lot of time when I worked for Corporate America. Several of my clients were located here. Also, just for trivia's sake... this happens to be Paula Deen's hometown. So, it has a lot going for it! Anyway, this was a really positive movie and I really enjoyed it. If you are looking for a great movie, with a great message, check it out. And, let me just say it again... Kirk Cameron! Hee!
p.s Another Albany side note... it has the smallest airport I have ever been in. There are only 2 flights a day from Atlanta. And it's on the small, say a Hail Mary and you peddle airplane!!!!!!
p.s.s. When you rent a car in Albany.. they just give you the keys and let you pick. It is insane! I always had the best rental cars in Albany!!

Zoe and Zorro topped off the birthday celebration by giving me a new crockpot, a candy apple (yum-o) and some roses! The Z's know of my love for all things slow cooked and they really upgraded my crockpot status! My new crockpot has a several temperature settings and it will automatically cut off to warm when it is through cooking. My other crockpot (a college graduation gift) was missing the new safety feature. Also, I can take out the ceramic inside and put it in the dishwasher to clean. My other crockpot did not have a removable inside. I can't wait to try it out this week and cook some good ole' chili!! I think Zorro and Zoe want me to make them some lickin' chicken! Ohh and check out this blog I like to read... A Year of CrockPotting... there is a new recipe listed each day!!

Alrighty.. let me run and get in the bed. I have early morning duty tomorrow. Both Z's are on either side of me snoring away as I type....
:) JKP

No comments: