Sunday, November 2, 2008

Lovin' the Redbox

Hi Y'all,

Well, we survived Halloween around these parts pretty well. Zorro is no longer phased by the trick or treaters, but Zoe would have eaten every single one of them if she could! She went nuts every time someone came by for some candy. Zorro just hung out on his chair and observed. I guess he let Zoe do the leg work this year! We only had about 7 or so trick or treaters so our night ended early.

We woke up early on Saturday to have yard sale #2. We did pretty well, and I am glad that it is over. Now I have my garage back! Of course, when my garage was in yard sale form, it was the coldest it has been in SC in decades. We even broke records! However, now that Ceasar is safely ensconced in the garage, we are back into our normal fall weather of 70. Go figure! Oh well. I am happy to have my garage back!

I have discovered something totally fantastic that I can't wait to share! A few weeks ago, I cancelled my Netflix subscription to try and save a few pennies. I have noticed these RedBox $1 DVD rentals at my local grocery store and decided to do some investigating. It turns out that RedBox is a great DVD rental service that let's you rent movies for $1 a night. All you have to do is return the movie by 9 p.m. the following night to any RedBox unit and that's it. If you want to keep your movie for an extra night it's $1 more. The great thing is that they have all of these free codes that allow you to get free movies! When you join you are emailed a free code and of course, there are sites out on the Internet that give you more free codes as well. You can also opt to have RedBox send you a free code for a movie every Monday. Maybe if Netflix had promotions like this, more folks would still be with them! So today, I went and rented 3 movies.... Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Kit Kittredge An American Girl, and Iron Man. I got all 3 for absolutely free! I didn't have to wait for the mail and, bonus, it was at my local grocery store, which is on my way home from school! So if you want to rent some movies, but are tired of the Blockbuster and Netflix hassle... try RedBox. It's really good!

Tomorrow I am supposed to go on a field trip with my kids to our local Zoo. I use the term Zoo loosely! Anyway, we have about a 90 percent chance of rain, so I'm thinking maybe that our field trip is off! We'll see. I am really looking forward to voting on Tuesday... not to mention having the day off! Zoe and Zorro are going to the doggie spa... so I will have some time to clean house. Believe me, it so needs it!
:) JKP

No comments: