Friday, March 20, 2009

Lord Willin' and the Creek Don't Rise.......

Hey Y'all!

Well, I am finally back to my old self. Whoooo. I was worried about myself for a little bit there. It took me until this past Monday to finally get well. Then after getting back into the routine of school, I was just wiped out! Today I am still totally exhausted, but I did manage to do some light housework when I got home, so I know that I am on the mend now! When I posted last week, things were on the verge of getting worse! Last Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, I was running a fever of about 102 to 103. I HAD to go to school because we were giving the state writing test. I just knew if I didn't go to school, my kids wouldn't do their best work. Well, by the time I finished giving the test on Wednesday, I could hardly stand up and was throwing up every five minutes. Good times. So, I somehow drove myself home and didn't leave my house for 4 days. But I am better!

Luckily, I didn't pass any of my germy germs on to my munchkins. Things around here have pretty much returned to normal. I am a little bit bummed that I missed the nice warm weather during my sickness hibernation, but it looks like the nice weather may reappear next week. This weekend I plan on taking it easy and Zorro and Zoe have an appointment at the doggie spa. Zorro seems to be hanging in there with good days and bad. He LOVES his new food that I am making him and even does a little dance at dinner time. :)

On Sunday I am participating in a knitting retreat given by The Knit and Purl here at the beach. We are going to meet for lunch, do some fun knitting and hang out. I am looking forward to it! I also finished knitting my first sock! I have just casted on for sock two. I will post some pics soon.

Well, I am off to chill on the sofa. I don't ever want that nasty flu again!!!
:) JKP

No comments: