Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Easy Button- My Version

Hey Y'all!

This week I got a pleasant surprise! One of our radio stations here in Myrtle Beach, Star 92.1, held a contest last week for Teacher Appreciation Week. They asked for folks to write in why they thought their teacher or their child's teacher was special. One of my parents wrote in, and I was one of the lucky ones chosen! They drew 3 names a day, and mine was picked last Friday. I went and picked up my $50 gift card today! I can not tell you how appreciative I am. They are cutting our supply money next year, which means anything I buy for my kids will have to come out of my own pocket. Since my pockets are very empty as of late, getting started next year for school was going to be a BIG challenge. Now this gift card will really help! Here's a link to a similar promotion. If you know and love a teacher, nominate them!

We are officially down to 15 days of school. I hope I make it. State testing ended today, which is a good thing, because I do not have ANY fingernails left. It was that bad. Whew. Now I can focus on having a little fun with my kids and getting my Etsy shop up and running. I have a great name picked out, but until the shop is open, I don't want to spill it. My name came from an idea I had to name my own knitting store if I ever opened one. So hang tight.

Well let me run, Zoe and Pitty Pat are at it again. Time out for dogs. Totally.
:) JKP

No comments: