Saturday, May 18, 2013

Summer Saturday!

Hey Y’all!

Well, we are winding down the school year. As of Monday I have 13 days left with this year’s class. I don’t know who is more ready for the summer, me or my kiddies!This week was better than last week. I think it has kind of sunk in that Aunt Alice is no longer with us. Last weekend was rough and very sad.

Y’all know that one of the things that I have been working on is learning to crochet. Aunt Alice could crochet and knit and I kind of wanted to make sure that someone in the family carried on that tradition. I have wanted to learn to crochet for a few years, but every time I tried to learn, my brain did not want to cooperate. The interesting thing is, my hands and fingers know exactly what to do with crochet. But my brain gets in the way. Finally after watching several videos on YouTube and Creative Bug, crochet clicked with  me. Last night I crocheted up a quick dishcloth.

first crochetWhich I promptly frogged this morning when I looked at it. Here is take two, which I did in about 40 minutes this morning.

finshed crochet 

I have started on a second dishcloth using double crochet. It is turning out great! I have to keep reminding myself that I didn’t learn to knit over night. So I am trying to pace myself. What I love about crochet is that it is so stinking fast! I have found a baby blanket pattern that I want to crochet up for Pitty Pat. I knitted Zorro a blanket, so I think Pitty Pat needs his own too! I also have a friend who expecting a baby girl in September. When she had her first child, a boy, I knitted him a teddy bear hat for his newborn photo. Well, another teddy bear hat is needed, but the one my friend likes is crochet. So that kind of encouraged me to step up my game too! If you are interested in learning to crochet, check out  YouTube. There are several videos that are very helpful. And, start with a dishcloth as your first project. It works up in a flash!

I have also been spending some time at my favorite place. This was a photo I snapped last weekend. I thought about heading there today, but we are in the middle of a biker weekend here at the beach and I am not quite sure I want to fight the traffic. I think I may just hang at home on the back patio today. Ahh…. and next weekend is a three day weekend. Plenty of time for beach and sun!

pretty beach

On the way to school yesterday, I saw another cross in the sky. I stopped and took a picture of it. I am not sure why I am seeing all of these things in the sky. But, I try to take pictures of them as I see them!

cross

Alrighty. I am off to eat some lunch and hang with Pitty Pat. Then I have to go and buy a Powerball ticket. A girl’s gotta dream!

I hope y’all are having a great weekend!

Tootles!

JKP

No comments: