Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Peach Cobbler That Will Make You Holler….

 

Hey Y’all!

I hope you enjoyed your Saturday. I did not end up going to the beach. I stayed around the house, spent some time with a neglected Pitty Pat (his words, people, NOT mine!),  crocheted a little, ran to the grocery store and then I actually ended up doing some COOKING! Now, it wasn’t a big deal. I did put some spaghetti sauce in the crockpot to eat on later on this week and I put some Forget About It Chicken in the oven too. To go along with supper last night, I found an EASY peach cobbler recipe that hit the spot! So, you know I have to share!

I am a big fan of cobbler. The fruit, the crunchy-ness of the edges! Oh yum! I found this cobbler recipe off of the Margaret Holmes website. If you are not familiar with Margaret Holmes, it is a canning company that makes divine canned veggies. And. I don’t eat canned veggies. But I will eat canned veggies from Margaret Holmes! One of my favorite summer meals is to warm up her squash with Vidalia onion, the seasoned black eyed peas and seasoned butterbeans. Serve with a side of fresh sliced tomato and iced tea…. WHAM. Out of the park supper! Throw in a little cornbread. OUT OF THIS WORLD!

Anyhoo. Back to the recipe. I have a ton of cobbler recipes, but I really wanted peach and peaches are not quite in season. And. After making this last night, I am going to have a hard time ever making the fresh version again. If you can open a can, then you can make this recipe.

To make Peach Cobbler That Will Make You Holler you will need:

to make cobbler

2 cups of sugar

2 cups of SELF RISING FLOUR

2 eggs

2 sticks of butter

1 LARGE can of Margaret Holmes Peaches.  DRAINED. (I accidentally bought whole peaches. I just sliced them up and they were fine. See… I am 40 and NEED glasses! )

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Drain the peaches and put them in a baking dish. Mix together sugar and flour. Mix the egg and then add them to the flour sugar mixture. Use a fork and mix. Your mixture will be crumbly. When you are done mixing the crumble ingredients, melt the two sticks of butter. I used the microwave. Spread the crumbly mixture over the peaches.

sliced peaches

 

cobbler with crumbles

Then drizzle the melted butter over the peaches/crumble mixture. Bake at 350 for about 30-35 minutes. Let cool and serve with ice cream or whipped cream.

cobbler oh yummy

You can not go wrong with this cobbler! Do you like my fancy ramekins? One Christmas about 15 years ago, Mom gave me a HUGE basket full of dishes and ramekins for each season. I just pulled out my “stars” for the summer. I love having these cute “seasonal” touches. She stalked Williams and Sonoma for a year to make that gift for me! How awesome is that?

Well, let me run folks. The laundry is NOT going to do itself today, no matter how much I would like that!

Tootles!

JKP

No comments: