Sunday, October 26, 2008

HiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHi!

Hey Y'all!

Wow, I can't believe that I let a whole week go by without posting. But, I did warn y'all. October is not fun for teachers in my school district. I was at school until almost seven every night last week for parent teacher conferences. I came home, took a bath, loved on the Z-man and Z-girl and then went to bed. At 8:30. I was a tired chica. I've spent most of the weekend catching up on my DVR'ed shows... instead of doing meaningful stuff like cleaning out closets. Yup. Hmm.

Last week was pretty uneventful... EXCEPT... on Thursday I was named "Teacher of the Year" at my school! That was a very nice surprise and big shock! My children went nuts. It is a very nice compliment and sure made my day. I knew that I had been nominated, but to actually win. Wow. I was "Teacher of the Year" eight years ago at another school I taught at, so to receive this honor twice totally tells me I am in the right profession, even if I doubt myself sometimes! It was nice to see my children get so excited and be so proud. Everyone needs a pat on the back in their career every now and then!

In other news, I totally did not get anything done this weekend that was on my list. You know me. I make lists. I derive great pleasure in checking things off of the list when I get them done. Obsessive compulsive much? Anyway... I think after my busy week last week I just wanted to veg and take some time to chill. I have a busy couple of weeks coming up (Yard Sale on Nov. 1, a big birthday (uhmmm.. let's just say I officially am in my mid thirties now!), a big presentation to give on Nov. 15, oh yeah, and I have to move my ENTIRE classroom on Nov. 20 and 21st. So good busy times are ahead. I meant to change out my closet this weekend, since cooler weather has hit the south. Where's global warming when you need it? I didn't get it done. Oh well. I did go shopping and got some great new pants. They just need to be hemmed and I am good to go and can put off changing my closet for another week. Yes, I know that is completely stupid. But, one of the reasons I am putting off changing my closet is because everything is so BIG. I just dread going through everything and making piles. So I am just being LAZY. I am hoping that I get inspired tomorrow. I am looking for a roomate right now, so the closet will have to be dealt with in the next week. I guess I am using the old adage... "I work better under pressure..." We'll see.

Well, let me run. The Z-man is demanding his supper. Right. This. Minute. I don't want him to go all vampire on me (that is what he is going to be for Halloween) so let me go feed him.

:)
JKP

No comments: