Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy 2009!

Hey Y'all!

Well, 2009 is finally here! Zorro and I rung in the new year snuggled under the covers. We watched the festivities on CNN and then watched some movies. For some strange reason, I couldn't sleep! Finally about 4 am New Year's Day I fell asleep. I guess I kept thinking I had to get up and go to school!

Today, I did have to get up and go to school. It was a work day for teachers and a very productive day for me! I got my lesson plans finished for the next couple of weeks and all of my copies made too. So, I guess you could say I am ready for the kiddies on Monday. This weekend I have to tackle my Teacher of the Year packet that goes to the district. It's basically a 15 page nightmare where I have to explain my reason for being a teacher, what interests me in the area of teaching (technology for sure!) etc, etc. I love to write... but it is so hard when it is something like this. Oh well... I am sure that Zorro will give me lots of support. Yeah. Right!

Anyhoo... lot's of folks out there are making resolutions for the new year. I am a list making kind of girl, but for some reason, I don't really have any resolutions per say this year. I think the one thing I really want to work on is being more "present" everyday. Since my friend Joy died, almost five years ago... I haven't been my normal self with being "present" at all times. Sometimes it is just easier to shut myself off. I think since all of that happened I have also been waiting for the other shoe to drop, and I have to stop doing that. I have realized that all of this may not be a good and it is something I am going to work on this year. Zorro says it is fine with him as long as he gets more walks out of the deal. Hee.

Alrighty, I am going to chill. I am tired after my day of hard work! Zorro is already on the sofa under the warming blanket and I am going to join him.

Toodles!
:) JKP
p.s. My good friend Marie just started a blog today! Check her out at www.keepingupwithmarie.blogspot.com

No comments: