Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Is it Just Me, or Does Today Feel Like the Longest Day of the Year?

Hey Y'all!

Well, I hope you are enjoying our extra long day today. If you didn't already know, some government thingie somewhere decided that we needed to add an extra second to 2008 to catch up with the Earths axis and it's spin. Whatever. So if today seems like a really LOOONNNG day, now you know why!


I know that some of you out there are getting ready for a New Year's shingdig. New Year's is really not my thing. I don't like to be on the roads with the crazy drunken people or at a large party. I usually hang out at home, cook a yummy dinner, and watch Kathy Griffin try not to out Anderson Cooper on CNN. A good time is usually had by all!


For those of you who are going to a dinner party tonight or making a yummy fest tomorrow.. I bring you one of my favorite recipes to end the year with!

Julia Goolia's Yummy in the Tummy, Anyone Can Make This Oreo Fudge


You will need the following...


1 bag of Oreos, 1 can of condensed milk and 1 bag of white chocolate chip morsels. (Hello, ONLY 3 ingredients for this recipe!)


Pour out two thirds of the condensed milk into a sauce pan. Make sure the heat is on "medium to low." We don't want to burn the fudge! Add white morsels and begin to stir. You can add the morsels first and then the condensed milk. It's fine either way.




Then stir until melted into yummy goodness.






Then, take the yummy, melted goodness off of the burner. In a Ziploc bag, add about two thirds of the Oreos in the package. Crush them. Then mix them in to your white morsel and condensed milk melted goodness. Mix well and place in an 11 in by 8 in pan.





Then, put in the fridge to cool for 2-3 hours. Then cut into bite sized pieces, place on a pretty serving dish and you are the life of the PARTY!!!


(The contents of my fridge. Health conscious these days, I am not!)

I hope y'all have a Happy New Year!

:) JKP

No comments: