Monday, December 8, 2008

Get In My Belly!

Hey Y'all!


Well, I kind of crashed and burned after Turkey Day. I think the classroom move just caught up with me! I also had some friends in town that I normally don't get to see, so I spent some of the Turkey Day holiday catching up with them. Also, one of my friends just had the most precious baby ever, so I had to go and visit!


Not to mention that I had a ton of things to catch up on, like grading papers, lesson plans, etc! I even took last Friday off just to chill. I really didn't get to chill... I had to have my mammogram re-done (everything is fine) and I had to take Mom out and about to do some errands. Saturday was pretty much the same (errands) and then yesterday Zoe, Zorro and I took it easy. I graded 10 sets of papers. So now, I can happily enjoy the upcoming holiday season! As you can see.. we are getting quite festive this year. I actually bought a live tree this year. I have never had a live tree in my house! This is my first! I always use an artificial tree. But, this year I really wanted a real one. Zoe and Zorro helped me decorate it Saturday night. And yes, that would be Paula Deen on TV. Yes, I decorate my Christmas Trees while the Food Network is on! I am classy like that!




In other news, I have been cooking too! I found this really easy chili recipe on Kraft Foods and I have made it several times since. The nice thing is that you can put this in the crockpot and let it cook all day. You know me and my professed love for all things crockpot related. Below are the ingredients that you need to make "Julia's Get In My Belly Chili."
You will need 1 jar of Thick n' Chunky medium salsa by Taco Bell, I can of light kidney beans and 1 can of dark red kidney beans, 1 can of tomato sauce, a couple of sprinkles of chili powder, 1 onion and a pound of ground beef.
Combine beans, salsa and tomato sauce in crockpot. *Make sure you drain and rinse the beans first. Then use your handy, dandy food chopper and slice your onion into bits.






Take your onion bits and add them to your ground beef. Brown and then drain. Add to your other ingredients in your crockpot. Let cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8. Garnish with sour cream and cheese. Bake up some cornbread and you have your self some yummy in your tummy chili!


All this cooking wore the boys and girls out.


Finally, a pic with me and one of the cutest babies around. Of course, this one is human. This is me and baby Frank... Mama is my proud friend Kerri.... I say, "Job Well Done!" I went and visited on Saturday and Frank has already gained a pound since this photo Thanksgiving weekend and really doesn't look like this anymore. He is CUTER!!!


I am off to find a Christmas movie on TV and get some Christmas knitting done.....
:) JKP

No comments: