Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We're Gettin' Fancy Around Here!

Hey Y'all!

Well, you as you can still tell, I have LOTS of time on my hands! I thought I would tinker around with the ol' blog a bit and see if I couldn't make it a little snazzier and sassier. I use a basic blogger template, but I wanted a little bit more of me on here, so I made my own banner. I may do a few more things, but for now I am happy! Of course, all of this was done with major complaining from Zorro. In fact, he is under my desk right now making all kinds of complaining noises. He also just passed a large amount of gas and I may have to evacuate this room in just a minute. Nope. My man does not play around when he wants your attention! I think I should write a children's book and call it "Zorro, the Dog Who Can Fart at Will." I think my third graders would love it! I'll be right back, I need to run and get some fresh air.

Can y'all believe that tomorrow is New Year's Eve? I was thinking about this past year in the shower this morning and all that has changed. It has been a wild year, one that I am glad to say goodbye to! I have had some good things happen this year (Technology in Teaching Award, Teacher of the Year, starting this new blog and saying goodbye to my old one) and not so good things (my tummy, BUT it's better!). I have a feeling there are lots of folks out there who are ready for this year to end. With all that is happening in the economy and Middle East right now, I think we should just all take a moment and see peaceful thoughts out into the world. We do have some exciting changes to look forward to.. a new president and hopefully a more stable economy. So overall, I am hopeful about the new year.

Well, let me run. Zorro is taking aim again... I'll try and post later...
:) JKP

No comments: