Sunday, December 21, 2008

Home Sweet Home...

Hey Y'all,

Well, I am back from my road trip to Cola/Lexington! It was a short, but sweet trip! I got to catch up with all of my buddies and got to eat some great food too! San Jose's, Zesto, and Rush's Sweet Tea! Although, my stomach is seriously rebelling right now, it was totally worth it! Bring on the Motilium! That drug has been a lifesaver. Without it, I don't think I would be eating all of the yummy things that I wanted to this weekend!

It was great shopping and hanging out with my friends. Last night we all piled in the car and went and looked at the Holiday Lights at Saluda Shoals in Irmo. It was absolutely beautiful. It was also a little warm, so it was hard to imagine we were in a winter wonderland! However, that is all supposed to change tonight! Our highs are going from the 70's to the 40's tomorrow. Yuck. A good day to stay home and hang out with the Z man on the sofa!

Today, I went and visited my favorite church, Our Lady of the Hills. After mass, I grabbed some lunch at Panera. I wish someone would wise up and open a Panera here in MB. It is so yummy and way better than Atlanta Bread Company. I had the yummy turkey, artichoke and spinach panini. It was great, but my stomach is having issues. I keep forgetting that spinach, is not my friend. EVER. Oh well, it was yummy while I was eating it! On my way out of town, I needed to find a Bath and Body Works to return a gift that a student gave me for Christmas. Y'all know me. I am a Philosophy smell goods girl. I lucked out and stopped at The Village at Sandhill off of Clemson Rd. in Northeast Columbia. I not only got to return my items, but instead I was able to exchange the goodies for a cashmere robe! For free! Yeah me! I am totally in love with this thing. I can't wait to put in on after my bubble bath tonight! Best. Present. To. Myself. EVER! FREE!

Tomorrow, since I am on winter break, I am heading out to pick up some movies from the Redbox to entertain myself for a few days. I also have a few last minute errands to run. However, this weekend I did find my ornament for the Annual Thomy Ornament exchange. This year's ornament is very cute. Pics will follow after the exchange! So that is one less thing I have to do. I also have to pick up the ingredients for this..... it is my responsibility for Christmas Eve dinner. That and of course, picking up Christmas Eve dinner! We are having it catered this year since Mom has the peg leg and I've just been busy!!

That's about it from here! I am a little sad about leaving Cola town, but happy to be sleeping in my own bed tonight with Mr. Z!!!
:) JKP

No comments: