Saturday, September 5, 2009

Lordy, Lord, I've Caught a Cold.....

Hey Y'all,

Well, I think that it would be fair to say that so far this school year is kicking my butt. I am exhausted and worn out and we have only been back in school for two weeks. Part of the problem is, due to budget cuts we have lost several positions. Which means we all have extra duties every day AND I have one day during the week where I do not get a break at all. It totally sucks. I have alot of demanding parents this year as well, so it seems like I never get a break from the constant stream of phone calls, emails and visits from parents who are concerned about their munchkins and the transition to third grade.

Yup. I am a little over it.

So what's a girl to do..... go out and catch a cold of course! I started feeling bad yesterday and by the time I woke up this morning, it had reared it's ugly head. I am very happy it is just a cold. We have 6 confirmed cases of H1N1 at school. It has hit our 4th grade. So besides making sure my munchkins bathe in hand santizer AND wash their hands, it seems like a germ slipped by. I think that this little cold is the universe's way of making sure I makeup for lost sleep and keep my butt on the sofa over the long weekend.

Paddington is doing great. He turned six months old yesterday! He is growing up! He has started wanting to hang out with me more and is always following me around the house. He still gets into trouble at times, but I can tell he is on his way to growing up. He knows I feel bad today, so he hasn't left my side, except when I have put him in the gated kitchen so I can sleep. Even then, he positioned himself so he could see me at all times and slept when I slept.

I don't have any grand plans for the weekend, other than watching some movies and sleeping. I am exhausted and have a feeling that the next few weeks are going to be a handfull.

Y'all take care and I will be back soon!
:) JKP

No comments: