Saturday, April 17, 2010

Avoidance

Hey Y'all,

Well, my house is just a mess. And we all know what kind of OCD tendencies I have. It is absolutely driving me nuts, but I can't find the motivation or will power to take care of it! For one thing, be assured that my house is nothing like the show Hoarders, but to me that is what it seems like today! I am in the middle of going through my winter and spring clothes, making piles to donate, what to pack up for next year and figuring out what I have to wear over the coming months. This year it's not SO bad. I have been healthy, I am eating and exercising and have NOT had to have any evil prednisone. So basically I am where I was last year size wise, so I am just going through last year's stuff trying to decide to keep or donate. This morning I went through all of my winter clothes and put what I wanted to keep up in the attic. My last task I have is to wash all of my summer spring stuff/iron it/hang it. I gave up this morning and went to the beach instead! It's such a pretty day here today (80's) and the rest of the week is only going to be in the 60's and 70's. So it was pretty much mandatory that I spend time on the beach today!

I am reading the best book right now too! So I had to go to the beach to read today! Many of you have probably seen the movie Julie and Julia. I picked up the book by Julie Powell last summer and read it on the plane out to Lake Tahoe. The book was ok, but I found myself wishing the book had more bits about Julia Child and not Julie Powell. So yesterday at the library I picked up My Life in France by Juila Child. Y'all... it is SO interesting! The interesting part is that Julia went to France with her husband, Paul Child, when she was my age. It is so weird to think of Julia Child not knowing how to cook until her middle 30's! I love reading about her trips to Paris restaurants and how she and her husband made these great friends while in Paris. The book is hard to put down!

Speaking of cooking, yesterday on my hall at school we had a "Death by Chocolate Day." Everyone had to bring a dish made of chocolate. I made a very yummy Chocolate Caramel Marshmallow Torte. It was very easy to make and the results were great and tasty!

Also yesterday, I got a bit of great news at school. It is a secret, so I can't spill it on the blog yet, but it is safe to say that I am extremely happy about this recent turn of events. I will fill y'all in as soon as I possibly can!

Well, I guess this is enough avoidance. I guess I must tackle my bedroom and closet now.

Toodles!

:) JKP

No comments: