Friday, April 23, 2010

Cesar Gets a Makeover

Hey Y'all,

For those who know me, you know that I love Cesar. Cesar is my  CR-V that I have had for just about 7 years. The older CR-V's are what I call an SUV for short folks. I don't have to get a running start to get in my car and I don't need a parachute to get out either! Cesar is perfect for throwing in my beach chair and taking Pitty Pat for a ride. I love my car.

However, Cesar has not been looking all that dapper lately. He is showing his age a bit. He has new tires, a new catalytic converter, a new battery and is basically brand new. However, I still felt like Cesar wasn't like he used to be. His headlights had become very foggy, making him look rather sad. Yes. Cars can look sad.
So on a recent trip to Advance Auto Parts for a battery, I started doing some research. I had heard about "headlight restoration kits" but they involved actually removing your headlights, or using a drill to sand them down. Now folks, I like to try new things, but harming my car is not one of them. So the guy at Advance Auto Parts let me in on a little secret. And y'all. Cesar got a makeover!


For $24.00 I bought this packet of stuff. Yeah, I know. I was skeptical too. Especially since it promised to "work like magic" in 5 minutes. But I figured anything was better than what I had. Examine exhibit A.....


Mr. Cesar's dirty, sad headlights. I really couldn't see anything at night. After about 10 minutes or so of the Headlight Restorer Magic Potion......



Cesar is ready for his close up!!!!!!! Whoo, hoo! It actually took me longer to go through the process. My lights were so bad, that I did the whole process twice. An now Cesar looks brand new! This Headlight Restoration kit is like botox for cars. For reals. The best thing is, I did this a month ago, and they still look perfect!!!!

Anywhoo. Now Cesar looks quite snappy again. :)

Tomorrow Zoe goes back to my Mom after staying with us a week. She and Pitty Pat have had at least 3 or 4 knock down drag out fights over the past few days. I kind of think she will be relieved to get away from Paddington. Lord help me get through tonight. :)

All righty, tootles y'all!
:) JKP

No comments: