Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head....

Hey Y'all....

Well, all of this heat has brought something else with it... afternoon thunderstorms! Today we had one hit about 2:30 or so, and Paddington and I hunkered down in our napping positions. Ahhhh. I am going to miss these afternoon naps when school starts!

I have been feeling really like myself over the past few days and I have had a few adventures! Yesterday, I got out of the house and went and looked at living room furniture. Not that I can afford any. But, I did want to get out and take a peek. My current living room is made up of a ten (!) year old couch, a hand me down chair with a slip cover with an ottoman that Pitty Pat ate the slip cover off of last summer. Also, I have a recliner that I bought about 5 years ago when I bought this house. My coffee table is a $40 find at a re-sell store and my end tables were my mom's when I was a baby. Yup. I found some things that I liked, but in no way have the budget for. That's the bad thing about furniture shopping, when you come home your furniture looks really shabby! :)

Today I headed up to North Myrtle Beach to hit the Evil Empire to stock up on school supplies for my classroom. Believe it or not, the Evil Empire down here in Myrtle gets picked over very quickly and if you wait too long, you find nothing. So today, I finished up my back to school shopping. I even found some cool stuff at the Dollar Tree. While I was up on the north end, I stopped in at Knitting Up a Storm and found some fabulous patterns. When I have been there before, the customer service was not great. But today I had a wonderful experience! I haven't tried knitting yet, I am kind of scared to. I am doing so well not having the vertigo, I am kind of scared to look down or up for too long of a time. So hopefully soon I will be back to doing what I love!

Over the past weekend I had a girls night with dinner and a movie. We went to see Salt. Y'all, it was good! If I was Brad Pitt, I would never pick a fight with Angelina. No way. So if you are looking for a way to stay out of the heat, catch Salt. It's good entertainment.

Well, I am going to sign off and turn in for the night. I have to start training for early bed times. Work will be here before I know it!
Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: