Sunday, July 18, 2010

When Life Hands You Lemons......

Hey Y'all!

Well, I am working hard on trying to feel like my old self again. Since one of the medicines I am on makes things that are carbonated taste wonky.. I have had to change a lot of what I drink. Water gets boring after a while, and let's face it, so does tea. Since it is summertime.. I thought that homemade lemonade would hit the spot! I thought I would share with y'all my recipe!! This is adapted from an old Martha Stewart recipe.

You will need:
Lemons (DUH) at least 5, as many as 10 if you like your lemonade tart. See recipe for details.
An eclectic juicer if you have one, it just makes life easier
Water
2 and1/2 cups of sugar (I am sure you could substitute Splenda here. I can't have Splenda, but I am sure that it would work just fine.)

First, bring 2 and 1/2 cups of water and 2 and 1/2 cups of sugar to a boil on the stove. I watch over mine carefully and stir it a few times.

When it has boiled, it will look a little like a syrup. Take it off of the burner and let it cool. While your mixture is cooling, go ahead and juice your lemons. I do not like tart lemonade, so I use about 1 to 2 cups of lemon juice, which turns out to be about 6 lemons. If you LIKE tart lemonade then I would use about 3 cups of lemon juice... which would probably be a whole bag.


Then take your lemon juice, combine it with your sugar/water syrup you made in step one.
Then add 4 to 6 cups of COLD water. I say 4 to 6 because it is personal taste. Personally I like my lemonade to not be overwhelmingly lemon, so I add 6 cups of water. Start with 4 and then keep adding. :)
Now add some ice, and ENJOY!!!!!!!!
Pitty Pat is not impressed. He thinks I interrupted his summer nap.

Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: