Friday, July 2, 2010

V-E-R-T-I-G-O

Hey Y'all,

Sorry to disappear, but I have literally been horizontal for the past 4 days! Before that, I had LOTS of company, so I haven't had any quality time to spend at my computer!

As you may have seen on my Twitter feed, I have really been "under" the weather since Monday night. I suffer occasionally from REALLY HORRIBLE vertigo and I had a nasty sinus infection that really sent me for a loop. I was so sick and so dizzy that I could not even stand up and walk. It was bad folks. A few of you may remember about 3 or 4 summers ago where I suffered from severe vertigo during the entire summer. This little episode scared me, because I thought that was where I was heading! My eyes could not focus and even when I was laying down, I felt like I was on a raft out at sea. Thank goodness my roommate was able to take care of Pitty Pat, I really don't know what I would have done. Although, Pitty Pat realized I was sick, and he would not leave my side. Luckily, I am much better today after taking Diamox (a diuretic) that helps with the dizziness. Although, I am really MAD that I had to miss a really fun girl's night out and the midnight premiere of Eclipse. I still haven't made it to the theatre to see it yet. Here's hoping tomorrow I can go back to driving so I won't be the only female in America that hasn't seen this movie! Keep those fingers crossed that my vertigo stays in check!

The week before all of this vertigo hit, I had a great visit with one of my friends Toni. Toni is one of my good friends from Lexington. She was in town because Ron Clark was here in Myrtle Beach to speak to a convention of school administrators and teachers. Toni had some free tickets, so I tagged along. I really enjoyed hearing Ron Clark speak about his teaching experiences and his academy in Atlanta. He is so funny and SO southern! His books are great too. If you ever have an opportunity to hear him in person, go. You won't be sorry! We ended Toni's visit with some shopping and taking it easy.

On the knitting front I have some precious things to show y'all for my Etsy shop. It was my intention to get the shop open this week, but with me being horizontal and all, it didn't work out. Hopefully next week we will be up and running.

Alrighty, since I have my land legs back, Pitty Pat is demanding walks on the hour to make up for all of his missed ones.
Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: