Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Girl Walks Into a Dentist's Office.....

Hey Y'all!

Sorry no posting over the weekend, but whew. Saturday night I was munching on a snack and all of the sudden... one of my back teeth just did not feel right. Of course it had broken and I was in a dilemma. I do not like to go to the dentist at all. AT ALL. So all of Sunday I put up with broken tooth, which was painful, until finally Monday morning I could call an office that would take a new patient with a broken tooth. Now I have been down this road before, and it usually leads to oral surgery. However, I hit the jackpot with my new dentist! Monday after school, I sat in his chair and 45 minutes later I was good as new, back in business with all of my teeth! And, let me just add this for good measure... I was STILL numb at 9:00 last night! Since this dentist was very nice to me and did not fuss at me about my teeth, I actually made an appointment to get my teeth cleaned next week. I KNOW. Me! This is terrible, but I don't think I have had my teeth cleaned in about 7 years. Maybe longer. But my last dentist was very mean. And wanted to rob my 401k of its entire contents just to pay him. I know I have some (ok, maybe more than some) cavities, but my new dentist assures me he can take care of me, pain free. He also accepts my Dental Plus plan which pays more than the standard plan, so that is nice.

And while all of this drama was going on.. who should make an appearance, but HURRICANE JULIA! And, not where we thought she would go. That is very typical of a Julia, I promise. So far she seems content in the ocean and is supposed to make a turn and go out to sea. I guess we will have to wait and see! Check out my storm tracker on the right hand side of the blog. You can see Julia's projected forecast there!

Later gators! After being pain free last night, I fell asleep and missed the season finales of The Closer and Rizzoli and Isles. So, I must go and spend some quality time with my DVR tonight.

;) JKP

No comments: