Saturday, September 4, 2010

Everybody LOVES a Three Day Weekend!

Hey Y'all!

Well, I hope where ever you are, it is nice and sunny! Luckily this week, Myrtle Beach was spared the wrath of Hurricane Earl, and by the looks of it, most folks on the East Coast were spared as well! It was kind of creepy to look at the satellite images on Thursday because EARL was very close to coastal South Carolina. And of course, all of my teacher friends have theories about that is why all of our children were so crazy this week. It was WORSE than a full moon! Pitty Pat was even sillier than normal this week too!

To kick off my three day weekend of peace (as I am calling it) I headed up to the Tanger Outlets in NMB last night. Our school district has changed our dress code a bit, so I am still trying to find "comfortable" but "Julia-ish" shoes AND we are strongly encouraged wear camisoles under our shirts so that we do not show our "cleavage." I have actually enjoyed wearing my camisoles, and I have found that Old Navy has some great ones. I checked out the Old Navy Outlet last night, only to find out that the entire store was 40 percent off! I scored two white camisoles and some PJ bottoms for under 10 bucks. Now, that's my kind of deal! I wandered around the other stores for a bit, but I was really too tired to look for anything other than what I needed.

Here is where I need to insert a confession! This past week I haven't been great about staying on schedule with my medicine for my dizziness and drinking enough water. It is really hard when you are a teacher, because this medicine makes you have to go to the bathroom A LOT. It's a diuretic folks! When you teach 7 year olds... you just can't leave the room and go. So this has made me extra tired this week and boy, pure exhaustion hit me today. I woke up with one of my headaches I get right before the dizziness hits. So, I took my medicine and made a run to the evil empire and Costco to stock up on lots of juice and water. With some help of Tylenol, lots of fluids and lots of rest, I am feeling much better this afternoon. Lesson learned! Pitty Pat has enjoyed having me around the house today as well. He hasn't adjusted to the school schedule yet!

For the rest of the weekend, I hope to get to the beach, but if not I have plenty of books, movies and some knitting to keep me entertained. I have reactiviated my Netflix account, so I just got some new movies yesterday. Besides, I think rest is just what Dr. Pitty Pat ordered!

Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: