Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Movie Fun!

Hey Y'all and Happy July!

I have been having all kinds of fun since I last posted on the blog. It suddenly hit me last week, that I was on summer vacation! I know! I have only been out of school for a month! :) I have been cooking, reading, going to the movies and hanging out with friends. It has been so nice!

Sorry I haven't had a "real" post in a while. I have been having some issues with the Internet at my house. It works one minute, the next it doesn't work for two hours. So sometimes, it is just easier to send pics and updates from the crackberry. The cable company and I are in all sorts of cahoots to figure out what is going on. It has been a fun adventure. Luckily I have a great cable company that actually provides you with someone to talk to when you call. And. They are not in India! Also. My poor camera. My camera cord that I use to download pics and to charge the camera broke right after my reunion. I bought a SD card reader to get the pictures off of my camera, but now I am faced with how to charge the thing! I refuse to pay $35 to Kodak for a cord. So I have found a charger on Amazon. But, this is a very expensive month for me. Pitty Pat needs to go to the groomer and to the vet for his yearly checkup. So, the charger will have to wait until the end of the month. Be patient! :)

Also, as you may have seen from the last post, Myrtle Beach is kind of on fire again. We are battling a large wildfire about 15 miles from my house. The scary thing is we can see the smoke. YIKES! It has burned over 750 acres as of today and it is still growing. But, luckily as of now, it is away from any people and houses. This heat and wind and lack of rain that we are having are not helping matters at all!

And as y'all know, one of my favorite things to do in the summer is go to the movies! Last week I checked out Mr. Popper's Penguins with a few of my students from this past year. The movie was very cute. Although, let me warn you, if you read the book, it is entirely different. They have modernized the story a bit. But, Jim Carey was fantastic!

Of course, I had to check out Transformers 3- Dark Side of the Moon. Yup. I am a total action adventure junkie/fan. If you throw in a conspiracy or two about the moon and space program... I am so there!  It was what you could typically expect from Michael Bay. Lots of stuff blowing up. Aliens. But the story line was good. But beware, you may lose some hearing from this movie!

I finally got to see Super 8 this past weekend. Any movie that has the combined forces of J.J. Abrams and Steven Spielberg has to be great. It was! Since it was set in 1978 there were lots of things that reminded me of my childhood. The coffee table, sofa and chair my parents had in avocado green in our living room was actually in the movie. The movie itself was very entertaining. In some parts it did feel like E.T. Go see this just for the thrills and to enjoy a movie the way it should be!

I am also looking forward to the final release of Harry Potter! That is next week. Although, I usually like to wait until the crowd dies down a little. I hate having somebody next to me literally sitting in my lap!

And, I would just like to thank my students for movie gift cards for my end of the year prezzies. I still have a ton left on the cards, so there will be many more movies to see this summer! :)

I have been cooking away too! Evidenced by the fact that when I stepped on the scale this morning I found out I have gained TWO pounds! Now, that is not a lot for most folks, but when you are short, it might as well be 15! So, I have to start my walking back up. Or rolling as it probably is now! The way I look at it is, at least I am cooking and not eating frozen meals all the time. And really, I am feeling a lot better by cooking and not eating prepared meals. That was my goal for the summer. To cook more, fill up my freezer and stay away from frozen dinners. My stomach is happier, I can tell you that!

Well, let me roll. Ha, Ha! It is time for Pitty Pat's supper.
Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: