Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Sunday Plate- Slow Cooker Mouth Watering Pot Roast

Hey  Y'all!

This week I am a busy bee! I am attending a workshop that our school district is offering for K-3 teachers. Luckily, it is at the school right across the street from my house! This workshop has been wonderful! The way we teach reading in our school district is through a phonics and a basal reader approach. We do whole group instruction with phonics and read a story from a basal. After our morning lesson, which is about 45 minutes, we move to small group instruction. While we are working with small groups, the other students are working in workstations. This is a BIG deal in my school district. We have a certain way and expectations on how we are to make these centers. It has been very expensive for teachers to make these workstations. So this workshop is such a blessing! The school district is giving us the materials we need to make these work stations. When we arrived this morning we had lessons already printed out on cardstock and laminated! All we  had to do was cut and place these in folders. When we finished that, we were given more materials we could laminate and get ready. Tomorrow and Thursday we get to to more of the same. I am so excited because after this workshop I will be ready for all of my workstations in August! YAY!

 And p.s. I am feeling a little bit better! I got to sleep all night last night and I have been able to eat breakfast and lunch today. I think things are starting to kick in and the herbal tea is REALLY helping. I am able to swallow alot better now. Things don't seem to be getting as stuck and I can actually take a deep breath now! Keep your fingers crossed! I have even had to go to granny nightgowns. Not. Cool. Especially when you have to walk a dog at 6:00!!!!! My pj's were hurting my stomach. So the sooner this episode ends, THE BETTER!

Now, ON TO THE SUNDAY PLATE!

Y'all. I promise this is one of the best things I have ever made in my crockpot. Well, Mom's crockpot. I made it this weekend while I was visiting. This pot roast turned out so tender, that even I, in my problem swallowing condition could eat it! YUM!!!!

Here's what you will need: (Sorry, no ingredients pic.. I was in Mom's kitchen and it threw me off!)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup (you can use regular, 98% fat free and Healthy Choice. I used regular. And that is why my cholesterol is a number we shall not name.)
1 pouch of dry onion soup recipe mix
6 small red potatoes, halved (You do NOT need to peel the potatoes.)
6 medium carrots cut into 2 inch pieces (I cheated and bought baby carrots in a bag. They worked great!)
1 3 (three)  lb boneless beef bottom round roast or chuck pot roast

Start by mixing together the cream of mushroom soup and the onion soup mix packet. Stir well.


Rinse and drain your potatoes and carrots. (This was Mom's job!)


Next, add your potatoes and carrots into the slow cooker. Mix well with cream of mushroom soup and onion soup.


Then add  your meat. Make sure that you completely coat both sides of the roast with the soup mixture.

Finally, put on your lid and start cooking! Now you can cook this on low for 8 to 9 hours, or until the roast is tender when you touch it with a fork. If you are impatient like me, turn the sucker on high and let the roast cook for 4 to 5 hours. But beware, the smell will make your mouth water!

Now, kick back and get ready for the compliments. Because y'all.... this is a company dish! Enjoy!


Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: