Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's a Little Bit Country, It's a Little Bit Rock 'n Roll.......Sweet and Sour Beef

Hey Y'all!

Well, the crockpot marathon continues. Probably by the time you are reading this, I am back on the beach reading! Keep those toes crossed!

Today, I give you one of my favorite things I have made all summer. This ranks right up there with the pot roast I made a few weekends ago. I can't get enough of this stuff! I tend to forget how much I like sweet and sour dishes. This one is a keeper!

To make this Sweet and Sour Beef you will need:

2 pounds of boneless beef or chuck, cut into 1 inch cubes. I bought sirloin tips and they worked great!
2 tablespoons of canola oil (or whatever you prefer to brown with)
2 cans of tomato sauce
2 cups sliced carrots
1 onion cut into wedges
1 green pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup molasses (this is located by the maple syrup in the store)
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (by the salad dressing in the store)
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon of salt
Hot cooked egg noodles (or pasta of your choice)

To start, brown the beef chunks. If you have never done this before, place 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Move the meat around until it is brown all over. You don't want to over cook the meat, but just make sure you don't see anymore pink.


Go ahead and add the meat to the crockpot when it is browned.

Next, go ahead and do all of your chopping! If you have a food chopper, locate it. It will help alot with this next part! Chop the green pepper into 1 inch cubes, cut the onion into wedges and chop 2 cups of carrots.



Mix 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar with 1/2 cup molasses, then add 1/4 cup of sugar, 2 teaspoons of chili powder, 2 teaspoons of paprika and 1 teaspoon of salt.  Add this mixture to the crockpot with the meat and then add the chopped veggies. Mix well. Cover and cook for 7 to 8 hours until meat is tender. And trust me, it will be tender!







 Before serving the sweet and sour beef, cook up some egg noodles for about 8 minutes.


Drain the noodles, ladle out some of the beef mixture onto a nice plate, then serve. Trust me. You will thank me. SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!



Enjoy!!! I am off to the beach!
:0) JKP



No comments: