Monday, August 29, 2011

The Sunday Plate- Creamy Crockpot Italian Chicken

Hey Y'all!

Well, it has been a while since I posted a "Sunday Plate" post and I thought you might enjoy this one. I made this a few weeks ago... you guessed it... when I was going through the Crockpot Apocalypse phase. Little did I know that all that frozen crockpot goodness would get me through what has now become known as "The I Have a Stolen Debit Card Number So I Can't Spend ANY Money While Waiting on My New Debit Card AND To Make Sure My Account is OK And Won't Be Hacked Again" time of my life.  Ahem. Bitter, me??? NOOOOOOOO! :)

This is a yummy treat and one that freezes very well. It was my supper tonight!

To make this creamy chicken you will need....


4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 oz each)
1 envelope of Italian salad dressing mix
1/4 cup of water
1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese
1 can of cream of chicken soup undiluted
*1 can of mushroom stems and pieces drained (I do not like mushrooms, so I did not add this.)
Hot cooked pasta of your choice. I chose Fettucine. :)

Start by placing the chicken into your crockpot. Mix together the salad dressing mix and 1/4 cup of water. Pour this over the chicken. Cover and cook for 3 hours.





After the three hours has passed, in a pot on LOW heat, mix together the cream cheese and cream of chicken soup. Stir. The heat will help melt the cream cheese and the soup together and prevent lumps. *Stir in mushrooms at this point if you are adding them. Pour this mixture over the chicken. Let cook for 1 hour longer or until chicken juices run clear.



Serve over pasta of your choice or rice.


It is just that easy! And makes your house smell so good! :)

Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: