Monday, January 2, 2012

A Calendar of Days

Hey Y'all!

Well. I am more than ready for 2012! As you can see I have plenty of calendars! One is for my dining area that is the Farmer's Almanac one. One is a knitting one... of course! Another one is all about weather (OF COURSE) and the last one is for my kitchen... a Food Network one! My Mom gave me the Food Network one for Christmas, and the other 3 I picked up for half off. I have a sneaking suspicion that my weather one may make it's way to school. Each day is packed with weather facts and I know my kids will LOVE that!

I have been busy today tying up loose ends. I have to go back to work tomorrow and I had a few minor things around the house that I wanted to take care of. It is funny how things bother you and weigh you down. I washed the rugs on all of the bathroom floors today, changed the sheets on my bed, steamed my floors, vacuumed, updated a few computers with a few things, updated my Ravelry database with my finished knitting projects for the past year and a half and walked Pitty Pat. It doesn't seem like it is alot, but I am tired!

Pitty Pat is in a little denial about me returning to work tomorrow. He has started hoarding his toys on the chair in the living room.


In other news, I casted on yesterday for my first knitting project of 2012! It is called Scrunch Scarf. The pattern is by Susan B. Anderson, one of my favorite designers. You knit this scarf with thick yarn and size 15 needles. Then for the "scrunch" part you use size 11 needles and rapidly decrease. It is a lot of fun to knit and it is very cool to see it grow and come together. I am using the color Honolulu Pink to knit this up. My how I wish I was in Hawaii!


Anyhoo, with me returning to work this week I will try to update as much as possible. I didn't really cook much over Christmas break... well I did, just not anything new! I am such a creature of habit! I hope to bring y'all some more yummy recipes in 2012! I have a new cookbook that has given me LOTS of ideas and inspiration. Stay tuned!

I want to leave y'all with a picture that I think sums up my 2011 perfectly... Toes and paws in the sand!!!

Tootles! I hope y'all are staying warm tonight.... it has finally turned REALLY chilly here at the beach!
:) JKP

No comments: